The panettone is a Christmas dessert from Italy, made with a brioche-type dough, raisins and candied fruit. Despite its Italian origin, it has spread all over the world and also under the name of Christmas sweet bread we can find it in most stores and supermarkets. Even so, like any cake, we can also make it ourselves at home and get a much tastier panettone. Surprise your family and guests with this delicious dessert by following the steps of a How to make Christmas panettone.
- 40 g baker’s yeast
- 125 g of sugar
- 1/8 liter of warm milk
- 100 g of raisins and 50 g of chopped almonds
- 4 buds
- 500 g of flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 100 g lemon and 100 g of orange confit and chopped + grated rind of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 125 g of soft butter
You will need to:
You may also be interested in: How to Make Vegetarian Dumplings?
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- The first thing you should do to make Christmas panettone or Christmas cake is to shred the yeast into pieces and dissolve it in warm milk along with a spoonful of sugar. Next, cover and let stand 5 minutes to go up.
- The next step necessary in the preparation of this fantastic panettone is to knead the flour with the yeast mixture, the remaining sugar, the egg yolks, the vanilla sugar, the grated lemon rind and the salt.
- Then add the butter and knead the pasta for another 5 minutes. If you see that the panettone mass is not thick enough, at this point you can continue adding more flour until you get the perfect texture.
- Let the dough of the panettone or sweet Christmas bread rest for half an hour so that the yeast is making its effect and the dough begins to rise.
- The next step to make Christmas panettone is to add to the pasta that we already have the soul of this dessert: candied fruits. First of all you should wash the raisins with hot water and dry them perfectly. Then add them to the pasta with the almonds, lemon and candied orange and knead the dough again so that they are evenly distributed.
- Once you have introduced the candied fruit and spread it throughout the body of the dough, put it in a bowl and cover it with a cloth, letting it rest again for 20 more minutes.
- When you have rested you will have the panettone mass fully prepared, you just need to finish baking it to enjoy its fantastic Christmas flavor. First of all, you should spread the inside of the mold with butter to avoid that when it is baked it hooks to its walls. Spoon it with a spatula and when it is completely greased, add the dough inside.
You may also be interested in: How To Make A Ham And Cheese Sandwich?
- While you add the dough to the mold, you can preheat the oven to advance time. Put it at 200ºC so that it arrives earlier at the ideal temperature to make Christmas panettone.
- Once you have put the dough in the mold, spread with butter softened the surface of the panettone that protrudes. It is easier to do it with the help of a brush, but if you do not have it in your house you can do it with a spatula.
- Before putting the panettone in the oven, you will only need one last step. Make two cross-shaped cuts in the center of the Christmas sweet bread so that it resembles the originals as much as possible. Once you have done it put the panettone inside the oven and do not remove it until 40 minutes have passed.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make Christmas panettone , we recommend you to enter our category of Food.
Article Source: Tape Daily