For this matter of the highest importance, I appealed to Marilyne , professional image consultant and blogger of Ah La Parisienne.
I asked her to share some valuable tips to help you choose your wedding dress, depending on your body shape. If you look at the programs of makeover to the tv, you surely already know the principle of the silhouettes in the form of letter of the alphabet.
A remedial course for those who do not know:
Silhouette in A = Your shoulders are less wide than your hips.
Silhouette in H = Your size is not marked, everything is in the same alignment.
Silhouette in O = You are round up and down.
Silhouette in V = Your shoulders are wider than your hips
Silhouette in X = The one dreamed by all the women, because very feminine, with a well marked size and the shoulders and hips in the same alignment.
But as Marilyne says so well, every woman is different and without having the person in front, it is still difficult to be precise, in truth, she could give ten different advice to ten women who are in the same category Silhouette, depending on their weight and size. And we must also take into account essential things such as the length of the neck and the bust in relation to that of the legs, or a developed breast or not, buttocks fleshy or on the contrary, rather flat. And yes, it’s a ladies craft!
For this reason, she kindly decided to offer one of you a morpho diagnostic session which will take place at her home in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, followed by a fitting in the Parisian boutique of your choice. (Offer valid from the end of the competition until 23 December inclusive.) The contest is open to brides-to-be, of course, but also to witnesses, bridesmaids, bridesmaids or just readers on the blog who Would like to know more about this history of alphabet and what type of clothing really puts them in value!😉To participate, leave me a comment to tell me why Marilyne should choose you rather than another, indeed, as for the love session last Tuesday contest, there will be no draw, Is she who will choose the comment will have the most convinced.
Do not forget to like his facebook page , as well as mine if it is not already done!
I will announce the winner next Thursday, September 29 in the morning , so you have until that date to participate.
Marilyne loved all your comments and had a hard time choosing her winner … She thanked you all for your participation and me too.
The winner is Alexandra!
Stay in the corner, other great contests are coming on the blog.
Now back to our sheep!
Standing in front of the mirror, you should be able to quickly define your type of silhouette, if you can not get it, ask sir or a girlfriend close to give you her opinion (or an image consultant ^^). Aside from that, the Xs who can afford almost all forms of wedding dresses (while avoiding the cuts too wide, it would be a shame), the others will have to learn to harmonize their silhouette, putting forward their assets, While camouflaging the small imbalances.
Now, let’s see according to the main models of wedding dresses with, to illustrate all that, some pictures of the beautiful Queens published on the blog
1) The bustier dress : It is not so much adapted to the frames too frail, nor to the falling shoulders or too developed, swimmers way of the east. It goes well to medium-sized breasts. 😉This style, for example, went perfectly well with Pauline and Monica .
2) The sheath dress : A sexy model that is not made for flat buttocks or O-shaped silhouettes, and it’s good for small because it has the advantage of lengthening the silhouette. Remember for example Jess or Michelle !
3) The right dress : Perfect for the morphos in H which do not have the marked size. For the generous breasts, one will choose a light neckline and rounded, on the other hand the small breasts will benefit by betting V well plunging to clear and make a nice port of head. Like Laetitia or Mary .
4) The short dress : For those who have beautiful legs obviously, those that are very thin, with little chest, this allows to focus on the bottom, the sexy trump of their silhouette. This cut also goes very well to small. Cecilia wore it perfectly, as well as Claire .
5) The skater dress (which marks the waist and goes out in flared): It is the most flattering cut for those who have hips a little round but a fine waist. She re-balances the morphos in V. Beth or Angel bore her divinely well.
6) The empire dress (Who goes out flared under the chest). Ideal for girls without height, those with a long bust and / or a small belly to camouflage. She went very well to Oriane but also to Amélie who was 8 months pregnant on day d .
Last little advice for the road, the sleeves are ideal for arms a little strong or on the contrary too thin, choosing something a little wide, this will conceal wonderfully this small complex. Remember, for example, Maylis or Chloe .
Finally small reminder, one marks only the size when one has one, example with Sarah or even Emilie . It is useless to put a belt on a silhouette in H, many make the mistake of thinking that it gives the illusion of a size but on the contrary, it only attracts the eye on it and this n ‘ Is not very flattering.
Here, I hope this article will be useful but do not forget that nothing is worth the fittings! You will soon see what is best for you, be well surrounded. Finally, Marilyne still wants to add not to always listen to the advice of Mom who nevertheless cruelly lack objectivity!